Friday, September 22, 2006

Of the Fire Within...

Fire Within

Look deep into my eyes, what do you see?
Deep within its shadowy depths, a fire still burns,
The fire was nearly extinguished, that part of me,
Dying flame may it be now, but it is still alive,
As it always shall be, as it always will be.

The fire within grows stronger, day by day,
As the seasons pass, so shall the hurt,
As the moons change, so shall the past,
The fire within grows, fueled by the determination,
To search for something that will finally last.

The future is bright, it is forgiving, and it is so rich,
Unknown may it be, rough may my journey be,
I will continue on this journey, fueled by my fire,
To places and experiences which I so still long,
To taste the beauty of life, to taste life’s fire.

There is so much to do, so much to see,
Love, joys, sadness’s, losses, achievements,
All of these, I will experience, for these are the keys,
All of these I will savior, each single one emotion,
So that one day, I may leave this world truly in peace.

Help me; show me the moon, for I will show you the sun,
Show me what is love, for I will show you what care is,
Show me undying loyalty, for I will show you lasting faithfulness,
Show and teach me who am I, and I will show and teach you who you are,
Help me, fuel this fire within, for it is you, who will bask in its warmness.

This fire within will never die, it shall always live,
It just needs help, it needs your care, it needs a bit of love,
To fuel it back to the raging fire it once was, glowing brightly,
So that it may light your darkest hours, your weakest days,
You have the key, the fuel to do this, of this I know lately.

Look deep into my eyes, do you see now?
Do you see your part? What you must do?
Help me as I will help you; fuel my fire as yours I fuel,
Together, our fire will be unstoppable, invincible,
Together, we shall overcome, all of this life’s duel.


-EK-

4 Comments:

Blogger echez said...

When circled by a dark aroma, a simple spark shines vibrant as the sun upon the rushing spring.

Hopes are dreams your mind wishes to fulfil, so that your heart may find the peace it seeks but sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel was but a candle, illuminating the insurpassable wall, imprisoning you.

Invisions of two trails leading to a magical place, sigh, what an angellic vision. Alas, a fire grows not toward a drowning water. Sometimes you discover that you've not wandered into the paradise beyond the jungle.

You've walked into waves without a float.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger TheMindInTheHeart said...

Has not walking into waves without a float paramount to experiencing and living what life has to offer? The float offers safety, safety from the rugged crashing waves upon the simple entity, which float in the vast oceans. But was it not, this float also, provides the false sense of security from which life experiences may be borne?

“But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, the ti is better for you to cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor, into the seansonless world where you shall laugh but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears. Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; for love is sufficient unto love. When you love you should not say, "god is in my heart," but rather, "i am in the heart of god." And think not you can direst the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself. But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires: To melt and be like a running brook that sings it's melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; and bleed willingly and joyfully. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving; to rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy; to return home at eventide with gratitude; and then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.”
-Kahlil Gibrahn-

I abhor floats nor any other safety nets which prevents me from living life to the fullest. I will let faith guide my journey as it always has. Should it come to crossroads, one with the easier way out to the paradise which I seek, the other through the rough jungles and mountain terrains, I choose to embrace the latter with open arms. Let it be my folly. Let it be my downfall. I choose to have faith that living through disappointments and downfalls, appreciating the reasons for their presence, and learning from them is what maketh the man. I choose not to regret their presence in my life but embrace them as part of living life to the fullest. I choose to walk into the waves without a float.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger echez said...

Life's offers much uncertain, without a lifeline, it is a self submission into relapse of a melancholic past. I acknowledge an attempt to realise a togetherness, an attempt to shove away the past and let a flame empower. If you only took a glance, a heart, frozen from the cold, takes not alteration.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger TheMindInTheHeart said...

Glance I did, from both the past and the present. Hearts frozen in time is thawed when it receives the right warmth from the precise source, for I know no heart may remain frozen in time forever, for bitter coldness kills living flesh. Cold and frozen hearts remain enveloped by the silence and darkness it fabricates around itself to shelter the tenderness which it contains, to protect it from further wounds and disillusionment. Should such hearts that choose to be so, shall it never experience what potential beauty it may absorb? The warmth is present, now shall the heart choose to be thawed and feel the beauty of life once more or will it remain frozen in its own the fabric of time, this is to be decided by the frozen heart.

Friday, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home