Sunday, July 16, 2006

Of darkness...

Darkness of Mine
In the darkness, the abyss of shadows, where stillness resides,
Grave silence envelopes the being, and all time stands still,
Unmasked emotions are unleashed, smells of yesteryears abound,
Here, hope once existed, and dreams of the future were born,
In this darkness, where now there is no more sound.

Where I do go? What do I do? Where do I head?
Questions of my very existence rises from deep within,
And a thousand reasons and denials envelopes the being,
Of words unsaid, deeds undone, and of thoughts unspoken,
In this silent darkness, the tortured mind ceases to sing.

The darkness is consuming, the peacefulness overwhelming,
Memories engraved in stone, images burned into the heart,
Thoughts overpowering, intensifying, within this mind of mine,
Of the days of loving and sharing, days in the distant past,
In this silent darkness, faith and love, will you not shine?

The days I miss, when there was comfort, when there was light,
When all was good, joyful, and when the directions were set,
Knowing where my life would lead, through the valley of sadness,
To reach the peaks of the mountain, to the summits of glory,
To able to fly once more, once again, to find my happiness.

My feeble mind attempts to comprehend,
Of memories and hearts from the past, of past tears shed,
Of redemption, of forgiveness, of faith, of my last demise,
Where once freedom flew, of what once was, of what is no more,
Of the past hugs, the smiles, and of the last lingering kiss.

Release me! from here, where the slaughtering silence resides,
To the place where joy lives, and shattered hearts heal,
The place where thoughts cease to exist, where I may again shine,
To where lost souls go, and tortured sinners are redeemed,
Release me! to a place far away from this silent darkness of mine.
-EK-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home