Sunday, February 24, 2008

To my unborn child...

My unborn child,
I do not know where to start but I do know I want to talk to you. Although you do not exist in this point of my life, you have always been the pinnacle and direction of my life since I was young. I have no idea how you will be, how you will look, feel or even smell. But I do know that I want to carry you, to hear you cry, to hear you laugh. I want to be there experiencing every single moment of your life, to love you, to take care of you and help you up when you fall. Its feels so strange talking to this piece of paper now, but I know you will come into my life one day, my child. You will brighten up my horizons and become my new reason to live. You will become a reality one day. I hope when you do, that you will remember that I loved you even before you existed.

The day you are born will the happiest moment of my life. No words will ever be able to describe how I will feel on that day. I do not want much from you in this life. I hope you will grow up to be a person that will make me proud one day. I will toil endlessly to provide for you every single manner and opportunity, so that you may have every single opportunity out there. Every opportunity I did not have or did not take. I do not want you to make the same mistakes I have done in my life, nor I do hope to make the same mistakes my father did, and I hope that you will learn them slowly as we grow up together.

I want to feel you asleep next to me, in my bed, to smell your fragrance, to hug you and protect you from the cruelties of this world. I want to help you take you first steps, bring you to school, teach you, hold you. You will probably never know how much I feel and love you and. I will gladly give up everything that I have, my life, sacrifice every single fiber of my body to protect you, to guide you and ensure that you have a good life, even when I may not be around anymore one day.

I miss you my child. I don’t know how is it possible to miss someone who does not exist so much. But I do. I know that’s what I feel. My heart cries out to you every single day, dreams of you, talks to you and cuddles you. You are always on my mind, when I see other children round me, when I hear a baby cry or smell a sleeping child. You have always been there my child. I hope you will become my reality soon. I need you.

Love always
Your Father

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home